You can redeem your McAfee subscription from mcafee.com/activate. To do so, you need to use the McAfee retail card provided along with the McAfee product.
Once you have redeemed the retail card, you will be able to download and install McAfee and activate the subscription.
· Launch your preferred web browser.
· Type the URL mention at the back of the McAfee retail card, for instance, www.mcafee.com/activate.
· Choose the country and language.
o The registration webpage will attempt to pick the right regions; however, it may not always be correct. Check that the region is chosen correctly before proceeding.
· The McAfee activation code printed on the retail card.
· The email address.
· Click on the submit button.
· When the prompt comes, see if the email address if right or not. In case it isn't, then do the following:
· Hit the Edit button for returning to the last screen.
· Type the right email address.
· Click on the Verify button.
o You have now successfully activated your subscription.
· Follow the directions on the screen for creating your McAfee account and installing the setup.
How to install or reinstall McAfee on a Computer
When you boot up a new computer for the first time, you get a prompt asking to register the preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe software. In the course of registration, you need to agree on sharing information. In case you agree, then McAfee LiveSafe will get automatically set up during the regular setup process of the system. In case you opt not to choose the Agree option, then also you can activate the LiveSafe software at some other time by going to mcafee.com/activate and signing up.
In case you have bought a McAfee LiveSafe retail card, then here is what you need to do to redeem the purchase.
Note: In case you use a Mac, then before getting started, go to Downloads and ensure it doesn't hold any previous version of McAfee installer. In case it exists, then rename it. If you have an old copy of the file in the Downloads folder, Mac might mount the incorrect installer, and you will not be able to activate the product.
· Launch your preferred browser.
· Visit mcafee.com/activate in a secondary Mac or Windows PC you want to install McAfee to.
· Select My Account and click on Sign In.
· Enter the email address along with the password, click on the Log In button.
o In case you are a new user and don't have an account, click on Register Now. Follow the directions to make an account and then log in.
o In case you wish that the site remembers your username for future use, click on Remember Me.
· Go to My Account.
· Choose the right LiveSafe subscription.
· Click on the Download button.
o Note: You may also opt for installing more programs that have been bought by you.
· Check out the End User License Agreement, and select I Agree for proceeding with the download and installation.
· Follow the prompts and install the software.
How to Install McAfee on a Mobile Device
· Launch an internet browser and visit mcafee.com/activate
· After that, go to My Account and click on Sign In.
· Enter the account credentials and click on Log In.
o In case you haven't made an account yet, click on "Are you a new user? Register Now." Just follow the directions, set up an account and sign in.
o In case you wish your username to be remembered by the site, click on Remember Me.
· Click on the + icon.
· Choose the mobile device that you wish to safeguard and click on Send Link.
· Choose the mobile platform and select LiveSafe Mobile Security.
· Tap on Next.
· Choose the country and enter the phone number or the device's name.
o The URL for downloading the McAfee product will be sent to the mobile device via text or mail.
· Open the link and tap Download Now.
· Once more, tap on Download and agree to the agreement.
· Tap on Open.
Sign in to your account and set up a PIN.